Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'


I started this blog way back in 2005. I was in college and thought I had a lot of Interesting and Important Things to Say About Life and Politics and Culture. I remember I was visiting my friend Davin's house in Virginia when I signed up and started blogging. I've been doing it off and on here (and occasionally elsewhere on the side) ever since, although my bursts of posting have been fewer and fewer over the years.

The reality is that I'm not the prolific writer that I was (or thought I was) in college and, while I'm still a voracious reader of the politics and the music and the sports and the culture, my comments tend towards the sarcastic and the pithy as opposed to the more long form style I associate with a blog like this.

So what does this mean? Well, I'm not taking this blog down and I'm not calling it Officially Retired or anything. I may have a hankering to post something that I think would fit well here, and I want to leave the door open to do that. But, for the most part, I think my internet habits have shifted past the traditional personal blog format as such.

Instead, you'll be able to find me in a couple of other spots on the internet. For starters, in case you hadn't noticed the sidebar, I'm pretty active on the Twitters. So, be sure to follow me or whatever if you are so inclined.

Second, I'm opening up a Tumblr blog and going to start posting there. This is sort of an experiment, to see if the Tumblr format increases my activity when it comes to blogging.

And, as I said, I may still decide to post something here occasionally. But I'd be sure to link to it from my other internet digs if I did.

So, sayonara. 'Til we meet again.

No comments: